It’s easy!!!! If you are an adoptee born and/or adopted in NJ, you can get your original birth certificate.
New Jersey Coalition for Adoption Reform & Education (NJCARE) is a grass roots organization that supports honesty in adoption through educational outreach and legislative advocacy. We are dedicated to the proposition that all persons are created equal and should have the same civil rights under the law.
We believe that adult adopted persons should have the right:
- to know the truth of their origins
- to obtain a copy of their original birth certificate
- to have access to updated family medical, cultural, and social information upon request
For 34 years, we have been advocating for New Jersey-born adopted persons to have the right to receive a copy of their original birth certificates. On May 27, 2014, Governor Chris Christie signed the Adoptees’ Birthright Bill (P.L. 2014, C. 9) into law.
NJCARE is affiliated with the American Adoption Congress, a national organization composed of individuals, families, and organizations committed to adoption reform. Through education and advocacy, the American Adoption Congress promotes honesty, openness and respect for family connections in adoption, foster care and assisted reproduction.
- Conference workshops
- Public institutions
- Community groups
- NJ adoption agencies
- Other states on adoption reform
- NJ & national adoption support groups
- Advocacy groups in other states
- Provide resource and referral data regarding legislation